No Business is Immune from Downtime
More data being created
- Amount of data being stored is more than doubling every two years.
Value of data is increasing
- Analytics and big data increase the value of business data
Greater risk of losing data
- From Sandy, to server failure, to security breach
Not a question of if, but when.
- 25% of PCs will fail this year.
- 24% of companies said they experienced a full data disaster.
Is it worth the risk to be unprepared?
- 70% of small businesses that experience a major data loss go out of business within a year.
How long can your business be down without it affecting your bottom line?
- Fewer resources to prevent data disaster
- Limited resources to combat disaster
- Can’t afford to lose valuable data
- Can’t afford to produce revenue
- Loss of competitive edge
- Negative impact on reputation
- Negative impact with customers
- Potential regulation non-compliance
- Unplanned downtime may be an IT function, but it is a business concern.
- Average midsize company has 16 to 20 hours of network, system or application downtime per year.
- Many compliance regulations, like HIPAA, require a data backup and data recovery plan
Cost to recreate 20 Megabytes of data:
- Sales data = $17,000
- Accounting data = $19,000
- Engineering data = up to $98,000
- Medical data = ?
- All internal business processes will cease; billing; HR, intranet, etc.
- Lost sales revenue; sales will have no access to customer or product data
- Lost employee productivity; no systems to keep them working
- No communication; no email
- Cost to restore IT systems
- Materials lost/disposal and cleanup costs
- Financial impact of customer dissatisfaction
- Contract penalties
- Compliance violations, if applicable
- Upstream and downstream value-chain ripple effects
- IT and employee recovery costs
- Potential litigation/loss of stock value
- Missed deadlines that result in employee overtime
- Priority shipping charges
You can keep your business running with:
- A BDR solution that delivers intelligent business continuity to your business.
- An IT service provider who manages the entire process.
- An ROI that will yield financial and business benefits.
- Secure backup of business-critical data
- Ability to keep the business running, even during disaster
- Complete data restoration
- Competitive advantage
- Perceived added business value
- Peace of mind, for business and clients
- Will meet many compliance requirements
Recovery Time (RTO) & Downtime Cost Calculator
This tool can be used to evaluate your recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) and provide you with an estimated cost of downtime based on your recovery time.